Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yes. NO. [ ]

My dream just before waking this morning:

I had a number of e-mails in my in-box. Actually, three e-mails in the inbox of one account, and maybe a couple more in the inbox of a different account. But in the dream I didn't get to the point of looking at the e-mails in the second account.

All of these e-mails were in response to e-mails I had sent the night before, all from the same person. This was a dream that lingered as I awoke, and I was confused as to what was real. I believed that I had in real life sent e-mails the night before. Both in the dream and then into the real morning I felt the dread of having made a terrible mistake, and that the person to whom I'd sent the emails would be angry or offended, with unhappy consequences for the future.

I couldn't remember what I'd said in the emails. I tried.

I could see a part of the text of each of the three e-mails without opening the full e-mail. None of the emails had a subject heading.

The first said: Yes.

The second said: NO.

The third was blank.

No comments: