Thursday, February 21, 2008

Selections from Chapter III of "All About H. Hatterr"

"My father used to say, " I droned to Always-Happy, from the corner of my mouth, "ye never assail an enemy asleep, undressed, unprepared, undefendant, or showing signs of fear and dread."
"Correctly spoken, rector," whispered the feller in agreement, contradicting me -- still dancing for his daddy! -- "but my heaven-gone father used to say, "If ye have no cows, ye milk the bulls instead."
Damme, to this day, I cannot make out how the hell that young feller justified the bulls analogy as analogous to the circumstance!

*
Then Always-Happy gives the signal cry: affirming the battle's on!
"Maro maro maro! May they have sexy and swollen lizards for their sisters, maro!"
*
The world's greatest Churches have approved of such men [those who castrate themselves], because, to them, excuse me, life is no vaudeville.
*
" ... Einstein said it first! Damme, all watches, and chronometers are giving wrong time! . . ."
"May I ask if the same Prof. Einstein did not send naughty post cards by postal delivery to the author Mr. Upton Sinclair?"
"Man, that was a fellow called Eisenstein! ...."

No comments: