Thursday, December 16, 2010

Badly Drawn Boy at the Troubadour

Badly Drawn Boy had a difficult last show of the tour at the Troubadour in LA on Thursday Dec. 16.  He was extremely unhappy about the sound.   He was extremely unhappy when voices from the crowd offered encouragement telling him it sounded good from the audience.  ("Yeah but I'm up here.") He was unhappy when audience members strated heckling him about his behavior.  ("Fuck you" "Stupid LA twats" "Cunts").  When an audience member said it was ok that it was late. ( "You are talking nonsense".)


"At least I'm being honest. You could at least applaud me for that."

"It's like being in a roomful of fucking lions or something.
No one should have to go through what I'm going through up here."

"Nobody cares as much as me about this."

"Just don't react to anything I say up here."

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2010/12/badly_drawn_boy_at_the_troubad.php


It was a marvelous Ricky Gervais / Russell Brand performance.   (And he made it through to the end, and was convincingly contrite about it all.)

No comments: