Friday, March 26, 2010

Selections from "The Southpaw" by Mark Harris

"It will do them much good," said Krazy. "It will buck up their spirits and give them the idea that folks back home are thinking about them. There is nothing like the sight of baseball to make them think they are home."

"I see baseball every day," I said, "And never get the idea I am home."

*
I thought to myself that what was wrong with the club was they was thinking too much.
*
I must say that you have got to admire anybody like Sid that is willing to give up his milk for his religion.
*
I guess all I was saying was they could go their way and I would go mine, and some folks is born to play ball and the rest is born to watch, some folks born to clap and shriek and holler and some folks born to do the doing.

No comments: