Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A little personal analysis

Among the LibraryThing Unsuggester unsuggests for me (on the basis of the books I read, and reverse statistical correlations, the Unsuggester tells me what I shouldn't read) are pretty much any book by Sophie Kinsella (about Shopaholics) and

The Good Marriage: How and Why Love Lasts by Judith Wallerstein.

This is based not on a knowledge of me, but because I have read: a Henning Mankel book (whatever), an early Joseph Conrad novel (?), a biography of Shelley (well, no one who reads a biography of Shelley will ever get married, at least not to Shelley or anyone he knew), the Vintage Book of Amnesia (hard to stay married if you don't remember that you are, or where you live) and, clearly most importantly, The Magic Pudding.

It was The Magic Pudding that gave me away.

No comments: