Friday, June 26, 2009

A tough question

Question overheard in the men's room of a Georgetown bar which makes one hope that the young professional posing the question, in a manner which took seriously the assumptins of the question if being joking in that young professional male way, is not the future mover and shaker he thinks himself to be:

"Would you fuck a Russian girl even though she hated America?"


[Compare and contrast a recently read passage from Henry Miller:


" . . . They would find a job for me as long as I was earnest and sincere. i tried to look earnest, but I only succeeded in looking pathetic. They don't want to see sad faces in Russia, they want you to be cheerful, enthusiastic, light-hearted, optimistic. It sounded very much like America to me. I wasn't born with this kind of enthusiasm."]

No comments: