Friday, May 15, 2009

More from Jules Renard

1897

My father had a heart, but his heart was not a home.

1898

I am a man continually astonished, each instant just fallen from the moon.

I like solitude, even when I am alone.

1902

Style: When"amethyst" comes along, "topaz" is not far behind.

1903

Irony is an element of happiness.

The sudden naturalness of an actor when, during a rehearsal, he interrupts himself to speak to the prompter.

The beauties of literature. I lose a cow. I write about her death, and this brings enough to buy another cow.

1904

One day I believe in human progress, I call for it with all my might; the remaining six days, I rest.

1905

I shall never get used to that woman, I shall never get accustomed to my mother.

Work is a treasure; I know it by counter-proof.

No comments: